- Perilous Times Will Come – First Edition
- Solid Preparation for an Uncertain Future-Part One
- Solid Preparations for an Uncertain Future-Part Two
- No Accidents in God’s Plan
- The Elijah Option
- On Becoming Children
- Government Amateur Hour
- How to Adapt to the Unthinkable
- Survival Preparations According to Scripture
- I Like the Depression
- Fasting as a Means to Spiritual Power
- Omnous Warnings
- Does Preparing for Perilous Times Demonstrate a Lack of Faith?
- Who Is That Woman and Why is She Screaming?
- Never Quit!
- Be Advised, and Be Wise!
- The Most Critical Element in Prayer
- Watchman, What of the Night?
- The Hour is Upon Us!
- Delivered from What?
- Open Doors for Overcomers
- What Difference Can One Person Make?
- Are You Ready for Legalized Persecution?
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part One
- Thanksgiving in Perilous Times
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Two
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Three
- Christ Reigns in the Midst of His Enemies
- Biblical Standards and Divine Institutions
- Spiritual Warfare in Heavenly Places
- Beware of the Billionaire Preppers
- We Serve a God Who Hears
- Updated: Run with the Horsemen—Part 1
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 2
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 3
- Coronavirus in Perspective
- Coronavirus Update
- Dark Days and Difficult Times
- Post 2020 Election Blues?
- The LORD of Hosts Rides on the Storm
- “MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN”
- Out of the Shadow of Death into the Light of Life
Perilous Times Primer #41
January 9, 2021
“MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN”
“And this is the inscription that was written: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN …God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it … You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting … Your kingdom has been divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.” Daniel 5:25–28
In the year 539 B.C., God sent a message to Belshazzar, king of the Chaldeans, through Daniel the prophet. The king had gathered his one thousand nobles—along with wives and concubines—for a drunken feast. In his arrogance, he called for the vessels which had been taken from the Temple in Jerusalem, so that the assembled company could drink from them and mock the God of Israel. As they were praising their many idols of gold, silver, bronze, iron, wood, and stone, a strange phenomenon occurred: A human hand appeared out of nowhere and inscribed the strange message contained in the verse above, “Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin.”
All of the king’s wise men were called, but none could read nor interpret the strange message. Finally, Daniel the prophet (who was then about 81 years old) was called. He first rebuked the king for not learning from the experience of his father, Nebuchadnezzar, who had come to know the true God as the supreme ruler over Heaven and Earth. Daniel then interpreted the message for the king. The results were that Daniel was promoted and honored; king Belshazzar was slain that night; and the kingdom was taken by the Medo-Persians under Darius. In the closing moments of his life, Belshazzar learned the lesson from Nebuchadnezzar that “the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses” (Dan. 5:21b).
On January 6, 2021, America also saw the “writing on the wall.” God has divided and weighed the leaders of America and the American people. Corrupt politicians, working in conjunction with foreign agents, first managed to fraudulently steal, and then to dishonestly confirm, the November 3, 2020 election. Those in Congress who ignored massive evidence of fraud and chose to put their seal to the phony results of this election, have marked themselves—like Belshazzar—with a stain of dishonor that will never be removed. They will reap what they have sown. Those who gallantly stood for truth and transparency will, like Daniel, be honored by God and remembered by patriots as heroes in this crucial time of our history.
America is engaged in a colossal spiritual battle. The light of truth has exposed the darkness of deception and evil. The winds of judgment are blowing across this nation, and the chaff is about to be sifted from the wheat. There are storm clouds on our horizon, and the distant sound of thunder is drawing near. Those who choose to stand under the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91:1) have nothing to fear. Those who love and serve the God of truth will not compromise with the lie.
While multitudes are delving deeper into the demonic darkness, there is, at the same time, a great awakening taking place. God is revealing to the world the choice between good and evil, light and darkness, truth and deception, Christ or Satan. Each and every person must choose where he or she will stand. The time is short, and the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His people is drawing near!
Let us who know Jesus as Savior put on the full armor and wage effective prayer-warfare against the invisible forces of Satan (Eph 6:10–18)! This is our hour in history to be brave and to press on to victory. Our God is and always will be in control, and He will never forsake us. Both history and Scripture teach us that He is the God of the eleventh hour, and the God of surprises! Let us not stand among the doubters.
“Behold, you despisers, marvel and perish! For I work a work in your days,a work which you will by no means believe, though one were to declare it to you.” Acts13:41; Habakkuk 1:5
In the confidence of our King,