- Perilous Times Will Come – First Edition
- Solid Preparation for an Uncertain Future-Part One
- Solid Preparations for an Uncertain Future-Part Two
- No Accidents in God’s Plan
- The Elijah Option
- On Becoming Children
- Government Amateur Hour
- How to Adapt to the Unthinkable
- Survival Preparations According to Scripture
- I Like the Depression
- Fasting as a Means to Spiritual Power
- Omnous Warnings
- Does Preparing for Perilous Times Demonstrate a Lack of Faith?
- Who Is That Woman and Why is She Screaming?
- Never Quit!
- Be Advised, and Be Wise!
- The Most Critical Element in Prayer
- Watchman, What of the Night?
- The Hour is Upon Us!
- Delivered from What?
- Open Doors for Overcomers
- What Difference Can One Person Make?
- Are You Ready for Legalized Persecution?
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part One
- Thanksgiving in Perilous Times
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Two
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Three
- Christ Reigns in the Midst of His Enemies
- Biblical Standards and Divine Institutions
- Spiritual Warfare in Heavenly Places
- Beware of the Billionaire Preppers
- We Serve a God Who Hears
- Updated: Run with the Horsemen—Part 1
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 2
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 3
- Coronavirus in Perspective
- Coronavirus Update
- Dark Days and Difficult Times
- Post 2020 Election Blues?
- The LORD of Hosts Rides on the Storm
- “MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN”
- Out of the Shadow of Death into the Light of Life
Perilous Times Primer #32 – We Serve a God Who Hears
“May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you … Call upon
Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.” Psa 20:1; Psa 50:15
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and
turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2Ch 7:14
We serve a God who hears the prayers of His people! I have great respect for Franklin Graham, who traveled to every state of this nation to call those who claim the name of Jesus Christ to repentance and prayer for this land. His spiritual instinct was on target that “as goes the believer, so goes the nation.”
I am also thankful to so many believers across this land who have fasted, prayed and, as a priesthood, interceded on behalf of this country. Unless the spiritual battle is won in the souls of the saints and in the heavenly realm, the earthly conflict cannot be victorious.
However, it is crucial that we read the Scriptures quoted above not only as promises, but also as responsibilities. When our God delivers us—individually or collectively—there is an awesome duty to honor that deliverance by living lives that glorify Him. When we call on Him with a genuine sense of repentance and confession, crying out that He might heal our land, there is an obligation to first let Him heal the spiritual infirmities in our own souls. For this to happen, it is critical that we own our sinfulness and acknowledge that our broken nation is but a reflection of our own compromise and corruption.
Like Daniel (Dan 9:1–19), we must own the sins of the nation as our own. As priests, it is our duty to both identify with those we represent before the throne of grace and to shoulder their brokenness as our own.
I am proud to see America celebrate this morning what amounts to a peaceful revolution. But I caution each and every one of us to recognize that Donald Trump is a statement—he is not the solution. The common people—the “Deplorables”—have spoken loud and clear to the corrupt cabal of elites who have co-opted this nation. The message is simple: “Don’t Tread on Us.” Unless those who make up the Church of Jesus Christ continue to rise up in a true spiritual revolution of grace and truth, this victory will be short-lived. The only solution for this nation—or the world—is not political, it is spiritual. Our world needs Jesus Christ and the life only He can give. That spiritual revolution can only come about one soul at a time.
May we now exploit this national victory over decline and darkness by truly glorifying our Lord and Savior with renewed dedication to His Word and work. Through the years, God has blessed America because of two major issues: our support of the nation of Israel and our sending of missionaries throughout the world. For years now, Christians have had to battle not only the demonic realm, but also our own national leaders, to achieve these ends. God has now shown mercy to a nation that does not deserve it. We who believe are under greater accountability than ever to stand up for Jesus Christ and to prosecute His commission to the ends of the earth!
If we fail now—having been shown such grace—we have no right to expect anything other than the just and righteous judgment of a holy and jealous God. By His great grace and through the power of His Spirit, let us commit to greater dedication to serve Him in reverence and humility!
Once to every man and nation, comes the moment to decide,
In the strife of truth with falsehood, for the good or evil side;
Some great cause, some new decision, offering each the bloom or blight,
And the choice goes by forever, ’twixt that darkness and that light.
Then to side with truth is noble, when we share her wretched crust,
Ere her cause bring fame and profit, and ’tis prosperous to be just;
Then it is the brave man chooses while the coward stands aside,
’Til the multitude make virtue of the faith they had denied.
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet ’tis truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.
James Russell Lowell, 1845
God has blessed America! What will we do to glorify His name?
In the gratitude of His grace,
His servants, Gene and Nan