- Perilous Times Will Come – First Edition
- Solid Preparation for an Uncertain Future-Part One
- Solid Preparations for an Uncertain Future-Part Two
- No Accidents in God’s Plan
- The Elijah Option
- On Becoming Children
- Government Amateur Hour
- How to Adapt to the Unthinkable
- Survival Preparations According to Scripture
- I Like the Depression
- Fasting as a Means to Spiritual Power
- Omnous Warnings
- Does Preparing for Perilous Times Demonstrate a Lack of Faith?
- Who Is That Woman and Why is She Screaming?
- Never Quit!
- Be Advised, and Be Wise!
- The Most Critical Element in Prayer
- Watchman, What of the Night?
- The Hour is Upon Us!
- Delivered from What?
- Open Doors for Overcomers
- What Difference Can One Person Make?
- Are You Ready for Legalized Persecution?
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part One
- Thanksgiving in Perilous Times
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Two
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Three
- Christ Reigns in the Midst of His Enemies
- Biblical Standards and Divine Institutions
- Spiritual Warfare in Heavenly Places
- Beware of the Billionaire Preppers
- We Serve a God Who Hears
- Updated: Run with the Horsemen—Part 1
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 2
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 3
- Coronavirus in Perspective
- Coronavirus Update
- Dark Days and Difficult Times
- Post 2020 Election Blues?
- The LORD of Hosts Rides on the Storm
- “MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN”
- Out of the Shadow of Death into the Light of Life
- Faith is the Victory
- Tremble Before God/Triumph in Disaster
- The Battle for Middle Earth
- Are You Ready to Go Down?
- Two Little Hobbits
Perilous Times Primer #16
Be Advised, and Be Wise!
“Does not wisdom cry out, and understanding lift up her voice? … Hear instruction and be wise, and do not disdain it.
Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord.
But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; all those who hate me love death.” Pro 8:1, Pro 8:33–36
Dear fellow soldiers,
We live in a strange and bizarre time! There are indeed malignant and evil forces that have been unleashed upon the earth, both in the human and angelic realms.
As illustrated by the story of Daniel, where his praying worked together with the forces of the Archangel Michael (Dan 9:1–27), we need to “put on the whole armor of God” (Eph 6:10–18) and employ our spiritual arsenal which is “mighty in God for pulling down strongholds” (2Co 10:3–6).
We can only be effective in our spiritual tactics if we wage our war on the grounds of truth. Absolute truth is found in God’s Word, but we must also be informed of the truth relating to our time, which is being skillfully hidden from our sight.
I urge you to take the time to visit the following stories. Go to the website, type in the story title, and read with discernment. Then pray in the Spirit, and make wise decisions based on His leading:
- “The next 9:11” www.wnd.com/2012/12/next-911-irans-death-squad-is-here/
- “New Army Manual” www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/12/proposed-army-manual-tells-gis-not-to-insult-taliban-speak-up-for-women/
- “Bachmann: Obama wants Sharia law in U.S.” www.wnd.com/
- “Bachmann interview” shoebat.com/
As a rule, I do not send out things of this nature, but I believe it is crucial for us to know what is taking place before our eyes—yet unknown to most Americans. We cannot pray effectively if we do not know what to pray for. We cannot equip ourselves wisely to “stand against the wiles of the devil” (Eph 6:11) if we are “ignorant of his devices” (2Co 2:11).
We know that the world is turning against Israel in favor of Islam. We know from Scripture that antichrist is “the Assyrian,” who will rise up out of Islam (Hos 11:5; Mic 5:5–6). It may be—with our nation increasingly in debt to China—that Habakkuk 2:7 speaks prophetically to America:
“Will not your creditors rise up suddenly? Will they not awaken who oppress you? And you will become their booty [plunder].”
Our hope in these times is in the spiritual refuge provided by our Heavenly Father for His children in times of crisis. This refuge begins with faith in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior (Heb 6:18–20). However, far too many believers fail to seek the “place of refuge” that God provides His people during times of great judgment (Psa 9:9). This involves the spiritual ability to relate the truth of Scripture to the truth of our times, and act wisely, with divine timing, under the moment-by-moment guidance of the Holy Spirit.
I pass these reports along, with the urging that each one of us begin urgent intercession—and diligent preparation—to know and obey the “still small voice” of the Spirit.
For the equipping of the saints,