- Perilous Times Will Come – First Edition
- Solid Preparation for an Uncertain Future-Part One
- Solid Preparations for an Uncertain Future-Part Two
- No Accidents in God’s Plan
- The Elijah Option
- On Becoming Children
- Government Amateur Hour
- How to Adapt to the Unthinkable
- Survival Preparations According to Scripture
- I Like the Depression
- Fasting as a Means to Spiritual Power
- Omnous Warnings
- Does Preparing for Perilous Times Demonstrate a Lack of Faith?
- Who Is That Woman and Why is She Screaming?
- Never Quit!
- Be Advised, and Be Wise!
- The Most Critical Element in Prayer
- Watchman, What of the Night?
- The Hour is Upon Us!
- Delivered from What?
- Open Doors for Overcomers
- What Difference Can One Person Make?
- Are You Ready for Legalized Persecution?
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part One
- Thanksgiving in Perilous Times
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Two
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth-Part Three
- Christ Reigns in the Midst of His Enemies
- Biblical Standards and Divine Institutions
- Spiritual Warfare in Heavenly Places
- Beware of the Billionaire Preppers
- We Serve a God Who Hears
- Updated: Run with the Horsemen—Part 1
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 2
- Run with the Horsemen—Part 3
Perilous Times Primer #12
“Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near … looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and savior Jesus Christ.” Luk 21:28, Tit 2:13
Today is the beginning of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. This introduces the Feast of Trumpets which leads to the Day of Atonement—ten days later (see Lev 23:23–32). The blowing of the shofar was indicative of a wake-up call, leading to self-examination and preparation for the repentance called for on the Day of Atonement. In view of the stunning events of the past few days, there is every reason for each of us to heed, not only the call of the shofar of the Old Testament feast, but also as expressed by the Apostle Paul:
“Therefore He says: ‘Awake you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.’ See then that you walk circumspectly [carefully], not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Eph 5:14–16
Over the last several days, events have transpired that should cause us alarm and move us to action. With the attacks on American embassies throughout the Middle East and Africa, and the murder of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and staff in Tripoli, the impotent and delusional policies of our leaders have been exposed. As troubling as these events are, far more troubling has been the response of our President, Secretary of State, and Department of Justice. Refusing to take any responsibility whatsoever for being caught sleeping, they have chosen to side with our enemies against the American people. Since I cannot say it better than has been said by others, allow me to offer two quotes. First, from Professor Glenn Reynolds:
“When taking office, the President does not swear to create jobs. He does not swear to ‘grow the economy.’ He does not swear to institute ‘fairness.’ The only oath the President takes is this one:I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.“By sending — literally — brown shirted enforcers to engage in — literally — a midnight knock at the door of a man for the non-crime of embarrassing the President of the United States and his administration, President Obama violated that oath. You can try to pretty this up (It’s just about possible probation violations! Sure.), or make excuses or draw distinctions, but that’s what’s happened. It is a betrayal of his duties as President, and a disgrace.”Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit.com on “Why Barack Obama Should Resign.”
To comprehend the implications of this move by the Obama administration, it is important to recognize that the first step to implementing Sharia law in the United States is to destroy the ability of anyone—under the First Amendment—to speak out against Islam in any way. Once this becomes established policy, any word or action, including taking a stand for Jesus Christ in any way, will be seen as an attack on Islam, and will be penalized. National freedom cannot stand once personal spiritual liberty is relinquished. The true target of these moves to limit freedom of expression is the truth of the Gospel message that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified in our place, buried and rose again, to offer eternal life to all those who believe in Him. It is this truth that is the ultimate affront to Islam.
Here is a second thought, in picture form (from pjmedia.com) under the heading,
“The Picture that should cost Obama his job”:
Then there is this from classical historian and professor Victor Davis Hanson: