- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2012
- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: February-March 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: January/February 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: April/May 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: June 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: December 2016
- Around the World in Pictures 2016 – update
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer Update Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Winter 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2018
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish,
and it shall be done for you. By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit,
And so prove to be My disciples.” Joh 15:7–8
- February 21. Pray for the Ladies’ and Men’s conference at Cross and Spurs Cowboy Church, Buchanan Dam, Texas.
- March 1–14, N-land. Our next trip is scheduled for March 1 to a different part of Asia. (Gene, Nan, John, Blair, and Aurora). We have plans to minister in N-land first, doing some pastors’ training and children’s ministry. At present there is a lot of tribal fighting in the area and Throngji (our contact there) has expressed concern about our coming. Please pray for us to know God’s will as we want to be in the right place at the right time.
- Also, pray for Throngji and his family as they have fled their village because the fighting is against their tribe. They are in another town without home or school for their children. Pray, too, for Pastor Akhum. He is the senior pastor in Tuensang and has remained behind in the village to protect his church and encourage those who cannot flee. Here is the latest report we received yesterday:
“The situation in Tuensang is getting worse. Men in Kuthur village beheaded a Chang man yesterday. Virtually all Yimchunger have fled from Tuensang, and Chang are burning houses—including the home of a widow and her children. Please pray for repentance and peace.”
- March 15–23. Further ministry in Asia. This will include a conference with pastors and their wives, as well as some church and village ministry. Pray for PJF and his family as they prepare for our visit and for the conference.
Papua New Guinea
- Pray for the February and March sessions of Ese Bible Institute. The February teachers are Joel and Tristin. The March teachers are Doug and Kristy.
- Pastor Happyson has sent a report about the church building in Lusaka. The offering that BTBM was able to send was sufficient to further the work on the roof and windows. Please pray that we will be able to help them complete this work soon.
- Pray for Pastor Happyson Mwashumputa and all of his co-workers.
- Continue to pray for Ken Mawire and his work in Mozambique and Zimbabwe. Especially pray for his building project to be completed and his work in the “reaching the unreached” program.
- Pray for RJ as he works on an updated translation of the Basics into Burmese and Lisu. As soon as it is done, we will be able to do a new printing in those languages.
- Pray for Julio and his family.
- He recently shared these prayer requests with us:
“For a few days at the beginning of this year we were in Ecuador in the city of Loja. We met with Pastor Carlos Luzcando from the Baptist Church. He explained to us the needs that the pastors and leaders in this place have to receive teaching. There is no Theological Seminary in this place, or any place near. The students must go to the capital of Ecuador in order to receive training and serve the Lord. We have seen a great necessity in this place to receive The Basics and its teachings.”
- Please pray for Pastor Antolin Sanchez of Tambogrande; he had an accident and broke his legs many years ago and suffers much pain
- For the seminary students, so they can return this year for more teaching.
We close with a word of praise to our Heavenly Father as we received a precious gift yesterday—our eighth grandchild. With thankful hearts, we welcome Tytus Cody Cunningham into our lives. He was born February 10, 2015 to Cody and Amy Cunningham. Amy did a magnificent job of birthing this little boy. The family is doing well, and we covet your prayers for them. May Tytus come to believe in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, and grow to be a humble servant of Jesus Christ!
In His service,
Gene and Nan