- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2012
- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: February-March 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: January/February 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: April/May 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: June 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: December 2016
- Around the World in Pictures 2016 – update
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer Update Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Winter 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2018
- Around the World in Prayer and Thanksgiving! December 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: January / February 2019
- Around the World in Prayer: April – June 2019
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2019
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2020
- Around the World In Prayer –Christmas 2021
Around the World in Prayer
“As for the saints who are in the earth, they are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.” Psalm 16:3
Please pray for the majestic saints of Papua New Guinea!
We depart today for the long travel into Numba village, Oro Province, Papua New Guinea. The above verse, Psalm 16:3, describes God’s delight in the people of Numba and our love for them as well. These people live in a remote and geographically isolated mountain jungle village. Yet, through God’s sovereign grace, He has seen fit to reach an illiterate, uneducated people group, held in bondage of fear to the spirits of their dead ancestors, with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Many years ago, pioneer Wycliffe Missionaries, Jim and Jaki Parlier, braved this darkness with the light of Jesus Christ, dedicating their life to communicate the Gospel and translate the Word of God into the heart language of the Ese people. At the completion of that great accomplishment, God burdened them with the establishment of Ese Bible Institute—a simple but effective Bible college to doctrinally train church leaders, evangelists, Sunday School teachers, and pastors for the work of the ministry. What the Lord has accomplished in and through humble souls is nothing short of miraculous!
It is our joy and privilege, this week, to once again return to Numba Village for the graduation of Ese Bible Institute students and to further train the majestic saints in a sound understanding of God’s Word. Thank you for joining us in prayer!
The team going into Numba for ministry is Gene and Nan, Logan, and Faisal.
Please pray for:
- Our health, safety and effective ministry
- That our hearts would be open to the leadership of God’s Spirit; for us to be attentive to the lessons we can learn from the Ese people. We often feel like we learn more than we teach!
- Pastor Michael and Virginia as they oversee the running of EBI and the welfare of the students
- Graduation day, Saturday January 13. Gene will be giving the graduation address. People from villages across the plateau will gather for this event. Please pray for effective witness as unbelievers will be in attendance.
- January 15–20. Gene will be teaching the graduate students through the Book of Jonah. Nan will be doing women’s ministry and VBS with the children.
- January 15–27. Logan and Faisal will be teaching the first course of the Bible Institute to the new intake of students.
- January 21–27. Gene and Nan will go by foot to other unreached villages in the mountains with Pastor Thomson. • We will also have church ministry on Sundays.
- January 28 begins our travel out of PNG.
- Praise God for loving the Ese people of PNG!
- Jim Parlier had planned to be with us in Numba but is suffering from a lung infection. Please pray for his health.
Please continue to pray for our co-workers around the world:
- PJF, Aruna, and Joshua—India
- Pastor Mawire—Zimbabwe
- Julio—Peru and Ecuador
- Daniel and Katie Zanich and Cross Road Bible Church—Australia. Daniel is undergoing a job change that will hopefully free up some of his time for ministry. Pray for God’s guidance and provision.
- Especially pray for Pastor Peter and Tika in Nepal, as the communist government has recently taken control. No doubt, things will be increasingly more difficult for Christians ministering in that land.
Follow us on Instagram at btbmontheroad.
With thankful hearts,
Gene and Nan