- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2012
- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: February-March 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: January/February 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: April/May 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: June 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: December 2016
- Around the World in Pictures 2016 – update
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer Update Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Winter 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2018
- Around the World in Prayer and Thanksgiving! December 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: January / February 2019
- Around the World in Prayer: April – June 2019
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2019
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2020
- Around the World In Prayer –Christmas 2021
Around the World in Prayer
- As we enter the New Year, we encourage you to follow the will of God for your life.
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess. 5:16–18
A Word of Thanks
- Kurt and Sheri Johnson
Through the prayers and grace giving of God’s saints, Kurt and Sheri have been able to greatly reduce their mortgage to $35,000. This has taken a great load off the financial burdens they faced on top of the difficulty of paralysis and other health issues, and allowed them to remain in their home! We stated the exact amount left on the mortgage because many people have asked for that number. Should you wish to contribute more, help can still be sent to BTBM and earmarked for their use.
Here is a portion of a recent email of thanks that we received from Kurt and Sheri:
“God has chosen our current journey to show us in mighty ways what love in action looks like as His people have modeled our Savior and blessed us beyond measure. Our words are inadequate to express our gratitude, but please share our profound thanks with those who have come along side of us in our time of need. We are forever grateful and have another powerful example to share with others of God’s grace, faithfulness, and provision.”
PNG/Ese Bible Institute
- Logan will be teaching the next class at EBI the week of January 14. Please pray for his safe travel in and out of country, and for a rich time of study with the students. Pray for the students as they journey by foot in and out of the village for classes.
- Pray for Pastor Michael and Virginia as they have oversight over EBI.
- Continue to pray for the Old Testament translation work being done in the Managalasi language.
- Pray for Jaki Parlier and her family as they continue to adjust to life without Jim.
- We thank God for the safe delivery of little Nancy Cunningham in Kenya to Pastor Schmke and his wife, Rose! Mother and baby are doing well.
- They will be conducting a Gospel outreach from their village church January 16–20. Please pray for provision for this outreach and for the mighty Gospel to go forth in truth and power.
- Pray for Pastor Mawire and his ministry in Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
- Faisal is still in Pakistan until the end of this month. Pray for his continued ministry there, for the school construction that is under way, for the pastors’ training under him, for the students and orphans under their care.
- PJF reports that their Christmas ministries went well. Thank you for your prayers.
- Please pray for a conference they will be having for pastors and their wives February 6–8.
- Pray for Joshua and Sweety as they will be blessed, by God’s grace, with their first child the end of February or early March.
- Pray for construction of a church for Pastor Mahesh. He is faithfully working in an area that is a stronghold of Hinduism. Recently, the Lord generously supplied the means for land to be purchased for a church building and funds for the construction, which is now underway.
- Julio and Betty also report that the Christmas ministry they conducted with children was blessed by God. Their words of thanks are included here for your encouragement.
“We are thankful for your prayers and help for our missionary work in Peru. A thousand thanks because this Christmas we met our goal that God gave us to celebrate Christmas with children and youth in the most forgotten places in the north of Peru, but God loves them greatly. Together with a group of brothers/teachers from the Bible school, we visited these small towns to share the Word of God and the true meaning of Christmas.“
“It’s been a beautiful experience and many children and youth accepted Jesus in their hearts, and we believe they will follow God all their lives. Thank you for giving us this great privilege of sharing the Word of God, thousands of gifts, and food for the children.”
- Continue to pray for Pastor Throngji and Ayungla, the orphans and staff of Bethel Children’s Home.
- Pray for Kihoto Bible College, Pastor Ahto, the staff and students. They are also in need of funds for further construction work at the college; pray for this provision.
- Pray for Pastor Bhim and Prema and the orphans under their care.
- Pray for Pastor Tika and Martha as they conduct conferences throughout Nepal.
- Please pray for Gene as he studies and prepares for upcoming conferences and for those that will be hosting the conferences.
- Tucson, Arizona—February 1–3, Pastor John Hintz and his wife Judy, Tucson Bible Church
- Erie, Pennsylvania—March 8–10, Pastor Christopher Preston and wife Kristin, Fairview Bible Church
- Winchester, Virginia—March 15–17, Ken and Sharon Curcio
- Please pray for us as we finalize plans for ministry abroad in April and May.
So many believers struggle with understanding and knowing God’s will for their lives. Yet one area in which we can know and follow God’s will perfectly is given to us in the opening verse. Perhaps if we start with rejoicing in God’s abundant grace, with unceasing prayer offered from a thankful heart, the other details of God’s will shall also be revealed.
May 2019 find you walking in His perfect will, and living for His eternal glory!
Gene and Nan