- Eternal Rewards for Faithfulness Here
- A Rewardable Life
- Eternal Rewards Acquired Today
- Eternal Rewards for Endurance
- Eternal Rewards for Overcomers
- Eternal Reward: Tree of Life
- Eternal Reward for Suffering
- Eternal Reward: A New Name
- Eternal Reward: Co-ruler with Christ (corrected links)
- Eternal Reward: Walk in White with Jesus
- Eternal Reward: A Named Pillar
- Eternal Reward: Seated with Christ
- Degrees of Eternal Rewards
1. All who are believers in Jesus Christ are overcomers by virtue of union with Christ (John 16:33; Rom. 8:37; 1 John 5:4–5).
2. All unconditional promises made to “overcomers” in the message to the seven churches belong to each and every believer in Christ.
3. Promises that are conditional on certain conduct (Smyrna, 2:10; Thyatira, 2:25–26; Sardis, 3:4; and Philadelphia, 3:10–11) are additional rewards based on the faithfulness of individual believers.
4. The Word of God is very clear that there is irrevocable eternal inheritance shared by all believers (Gal. 3:29; 4:6–7; 1 Pet. 1:4–5), as well as special reward to those who grow, serve, and excel (2 Tim. 4:6–8; James 1:12).
The Church of Philadelphia, Revelation 3:7–13
• Commendation, vv. 7–9 Good works, obedience, faithful witness—open missionary door. The synagogue of Satan will be subdued before them.
• Promise to Overcomers, vv. 10–13 The phrase, “Because you have kept My command to persevere,” goes above and beyond simply believing in Christ: deliverance from coming trial (temporal blessing) and potential crown (eternal reward) are given to them if they persevere. Then, the “overcomers” are promised a unique place in the temple. This is consistent to what Paul says of all believers (1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; 2 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:21–22). Again, this is accompanied with new names.