1CO 3:11 The foundation of spiritual life is Christ 2Co 5:17 Regeneration is not reformation or trying harder, it is the revolutionary work of the Holy Spirit creating an entirely new creature. Eph 4:20-24 created in righteousness and holiness.
5 works of Holy Spirit at Salvation (1CO 15:22, col 1:13):
1. Baptism 1Co 12:13 identified and united us with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection
3. Indwelling (permanent, personal) Rom 8:9-11 you are never alone. The purpose of the Spirit indwelling is to bring into my life the presence of Jesus. He is there as a companion, only the Holy Spirit and the wife is called the “helper.”
4. Gifting us 1co 12:4-7 make yourself available in all areas and see what He brings forward
5. Sealed by the Holy Spirit Eph 1:13-14 Eph 4:30 stamp of personal ownership and ensure arrival
Psa 51:11 David could lose the Holy Spirit, but we can’t, we can only lose its power Heb 13:5-6
What practical difference do these 5 things mean? 2Ki 2:9-10 a request of humility. What will we pass on to others as we got? How much of an impact?
Joh 13:1-20 The Spirit as Water. Let knowledge of the Word and Christ change the way we live.
The lowest servant would wash the feet of the people. Luk 22:24
You would not wash your fellow believer, but I will always wash you.
Washing of confession: 1Jo 1:9 we must examine ourselves daily
Washing of obedience: 1jo 1:7
Wash (Go to Him in confession), Eat (Feast on the Word, read the Word everyday), Walk (Spend time with Him, share your day with Him, tell Him your concerns), Work (God has something planned for you everyday for you to make an eternal difference), Rest (we know we have used that day for eternity and fellowshipped with the Lord, and we rest in His faithfulness and promises)
From Series: "Ride with the Wind - A Study of the Holy Spirit - Texas 2010"
The class titles for the Texas 2010 conference are as follows.
1. Oct 1 Prototype of the Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ Himself. Luke 3 4
2. Oct 1 The Spirit as Wind- regeneration. John 3
3. Oct 2 The Spirit as Wind- regeneration contd. John 3
4. Oct 2 The Spirit as Water- cleansing and refreshing. John 13
5. Oct 2 The Spirit as Fire- Illumination. John 14:15-21 Eph 1:15-18
6. Oct 2 The Spirit as Oil- fruit bearing. John 15
7. Oct 3 The Spirit as Dove- teacher and encourager. John 15:26-27 Mat 10 John 16:7-14; 2Co 5