Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Gene Cunningham - March 12, 2013
Secure In Christ #3
We have "...things that accompany salvation" (Heb 6:9). We have everything we need in Christ at salvation (Eph 1:3-4). We are predestined us to adoption as children of God. We are "accepted in the Beloved" (Eph 1:6 NKJV). We are loved unconditionally. The things we are given at salvation; we are
- Redeemed (Gal 4:5, Gal 3:13)
- Justified (Rom 3:23)
- Forgiven all sins (Col 2:13)
- Free from condemnation (Joh 3:18-19, Joh 5:24)
- Born again by the Spirit (Joh 3:7-8)
- Born again by the Word (1Pe 1:23) -- we share the eternal nature of His Word
- Transferred out of the kingdom of Satan (Joh 5:24, Col 1:13)
- Complete in Christ (Col 2:10)
- Already seated with Christ in heaven (Eph 2:5-6, Col 3:1-4)
- Perfected forever (Heb 10:14)
- Reconciled to God (Rom 5:1, Rom 5:10-11, 2Co 5:18-21)
- Dead to the Law which condemns (Rom 7:4)
- Imputed with Christ's Righteousness (Rom 4:22-24, 2Co 5:21)
- Citizens of heaven (Eph 2:19, Phi 2:20)
- Sealed by the Holy Spirit as the guarantee (Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30)
"For by grace you have been saved by faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph 2:8-9) We are created for "good works" (Eph 2:10). "Dead works" are result of us trying to earn what we are given by God (Heb 9:14). What does the "THAT" refer to in Eph 2:8? Salvation. "...by grace you have been saved, and raised us up together and made us sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph 2:5-6). If you want to make any sin capable of undoing your salvation, you are thinking we have a fickle God. James chapter 2 tells us "He who gave us commandments gave us all of them (614 of them)." If we break any of them we break them all. Have you ever been irrated? You've broken the law.
Scripture References: Ephesians 2:5-6, Hebrews 6:9, Romans 4:22-24, Colossians 2:13, Ephesians 2:10, Colossians 2:10, Romans 7:4, Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, Colossians 1:13, Romans 5:10-11, Galatians 3:13, Ephesians 4:30, John 5:24, Romans 5:1, Galatians 4:5, Ephesians 1:13-14, John 3:7-8, Ephesians 2:5-6, Hebrews 10:14, Ephesians 1:6, Philippians 2:20, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8, Colossians 3:1-4, Ephesians 1:3-4, Ephesians 2:19, John 3:18-19, Hebrews 9:14
From Series: "Secure in Christ - Canberra 2013"
Given 23-24 Feb 2013 in Canberra Australia Gene taught ?Secure in Christ- the key to spiritual growth and personal victory.?