Gene Cunningham - November 28, 2003
Joshua # 02 -- Jos 1:1-17
We go to the Word to learn about the Living Word. Rahab was a member of the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11 (Jos 2:1-10).
Seven elements of faith:
- we have to act on divine promises;
- we have to be spiritual invincibility (Jos 1:5) — if you are devoted to His plan you cannot be removed from this earth;
- Courageous faith is confidence in God;
- priority is given to God's Word (Jos 1:8-9);
- Do it (Jos 1:10-11);
- the spirit of the team (Jos 1:12-15);
- Voluntary availability (Jos 1:16-17).
Exodus generation failed to have faith (Heb 3:7-11) and put God to the test.
Ways to fail:
- hardening your heart (Heb 4:12);
- react to trials by provoking God (e.g. complaining);
- Israel saw Gods works but never learned His ways (Psa 103:7);
- develop an evil heart of unbelief (Heb 3:12);
- persistence to death (Heb 3:17, 1Co 10:5).
God never sets us aside unless we set ourselves aside (Heb 10:38, Rom 8:28).
Seven characteristics of faith rest life:
- Faith rest begins by receiving and believing God's word (Heb 4:1);
- Realize that we should fear if we don't enter His rest;
- receive His word and mix with faith (Heb 4:3);
- be willing to give up our works for His (Heb 4:10);
- diligent study of the Word;
- dedication to a life of service;
- a boldness to claim God's promises (Heb 4:16).
Scripture References: Hebrews 4:12, Hebrews 4:1, Joshua 2:1-10, Hebrews 3:7-11, Romans 8:28, Joshua 1:16-17, Hebrews 10:38, Joshua 1:12-15, Hebrews 3:17, Hebrews 4:16, Joshua 1:10-11, Hebrews 3:12, Hebrews 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9, Psalms 103:7, Hebrews 4:3, Joshua 1:5
From Series: "Joshua - 2005"
No summary for this series yet.