Gene Cunningham - March 1, 2010
Heirs of the Kingdom #7
- 1Pe 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ because He has begotten us to a living hope."
- Eph 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has given us all spiritual blessings in Jesus Christ."
- 2Co 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ the Father of all mercy and the God of all comfort."
Eph 3:14-21 Paul prays for enlightenment and enablement.
The foundation has been laid, namely Jesus Christ. We chose the materials with which to build on the foundation (1Co 3:11-15, 1Co 9:27). Believers shouldn't take their disputes before unbelievers - "unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom" (1Co 6:8-10). We will be judged by the law of liberty (Jam 2:8-12, Rom 10:4). We are priests; God keeps our prayers (Rev 5:8-10; 1Pe 2:5-9). The greatest role of a priest is intercession.
Keep your eye on the light (Mat 6:22):
- Keep your eye fixed on our blessed hope, Tit 2:13.
- Keep your eye on what God has entrusted to you, Mar 13:33-34.
- Keep your eye on the object of being unashamed when He comes, 1Jo 2:28.
- Keep your eye on the reality and value of eternal treasures, 2Ti 4:8.
- Keep your eye on the prize of your high calling in Christ, Phi 3:14.
- Keep yourself from the envious eye of the loser at the Bema Seat of Christ, when those who were behind you are placed before you, Mat 20:8-16.
Conference notes for this series can be found [HERE]
From Series: "Heirs of the Kingdom - Northern VA 2010"
Heirs of the Kingdom' have privilege responsibility and accountability (Mar 13:33?37). 'Heirs' is a term that deals with discipleship not justification or salvation. As we shall see every child of God is an heir. The questions before us are: How much will I inherit and will it really matter that much? Every member of the Royal Family has a share in the Royal Inheritance. Again the question of our study is ?how much?? Peter stresses in three words that our inheritance cannot?in any way?be defiled or diminished by our failure or conduct in this life. Paul speaks as sons ?being led? by the Spirit as ?adult sons? (huioi) and shows a distinction between heirs and ?joint heirs with Christ.? One is unconditional based on sonship; the other is conditional based on conduct.