We are currently in the airport in Joburg waiting for our flight to Zambia. We had a wonderful time of ministry in Zimbabwe and Mozambique, and since these people are so fresh in our mind, we will start with prayer requests for this needy land:
We begin by thanking our faithful Lord and Friend for keeping us safe these last three and a half weeks and blessing our time of teaching and fellowship.
- Please pray for God’s guidance and supply to continue to work with people in Zimbabwe in a Bible training center and village ministry.
- Please pray for the pastors and leaders of Trans Africa Missions (our partners in Zimbabwe), Pastor Ken Mawire, his wife Grace, their three sons—Mighty, Liberty, and Delight; they are all helping in the ministry. Please pray for Liberty to raise the money for his marriage (he needs to pay the bride price) and for Delight to find work in a private school as he has just received his teaching degree.
- Please pray for these other pastors and leaders—they all face financial challenges and are also in need of training and materials; also pray for their health, safety, and wisdom in the ministry:
- Tongo and Joyce Masuka (Gwokwe)
- Alice (Harare youth leader)
- Pastor John Buonyongwa and Beatrice (Harare)
- Pastor Vimbai
- Pastor John Matambo and Lydia
- Elders Kesiwe (Gweru), Lamech (Serima), Mubaiwa
- Pray for Stanley Adams. He is a skillful builder and is available to help in the ministry.
Please pray for our upcoming mission in Zambia, along with Geoff and Sabine Badart (AUS). Zambia will be rough but we are so excited about the opportunity to encourage fellow believers in remote areas. We have the Passion of the Christ with us along with a little video player and battery pack, hoping to show it in the villages. Pray for that to go well, as we are not "techies," as you know. God is able!
As soon as we return home, or have better internet connection, we will update you with a Mission Report on the entire trip to Africa.
By grace alone!
Gene and Nan