- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2012
- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: February-March 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: January/February 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: April/May 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: June 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: December 2016
- Around the World in Pictures 2016 – update
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer Update Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Winter 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2018
- Around the World in Prayer and Thanksgiving! December 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: January / February 2019
“And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body;
and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching
and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with
thankfulness in your hearts to God.” Col 3:15
Let’s start with the giving of thanks to our almighty heavenly Father, His sacrificial Son, and the living Spirit of God. Though the Bible chronicles for us human sin, failure and frailty, national discipline, war, family strife, disease, and suffering (sounds like our present day world!), the word “thanks,” or one of its forms, is used 168 times in Scripture. Surely, because of the faithfulness of the almighty God, because of the power of His love, because of His intentional intervention in the affairs of men, we are to have a moment-by-moment heart of thanksgiving. No matter what situation we find ourselves in, today is a day to sing!
We are so thankful for the prayers and support of our brothers and sisters in Christ, for through your faithfulness and the lavish grace of God, we are blessed. As we look back on 2015, we see that God has planted many new seeds both at home and abroad; He has nourished and watered others who were already rooted and grounded in the Word; and He has seen fit to allow us to continue to work in “the fields that are white unto harvest” (Joh 4:35). What an honor! Thank you for the part each one of you has played in the sowing, the watering, and the eternal harvest.
We are looking forward to returning to several locations in Asia after the first of the year and ask for your prayers for both the planning and execution of this trip.
- First of all, with the situation as it is in the world today, please pray that we would know and follow God’s guidance to be in the right place at the right time, including travel details and ministry opportunities.
- Pray for effective ministry.
- Pray for the needed support to hold conferences for pastors and their wives, and for materials for Children’s Bible Schools.
- There is a specific need with regard to printing The Basics book in Nepalese. We have recently recovered an old copy from a pastor in Nepal (we had it translated and printed in Nepal about 20 years ago) and are having it put back into digital format. Our desire is to be able to have The Basics reprinted in Nepal and return there during our time in Asia for the training of pastors.
With the Christmas season approaching, please pray for our co-workers in various countries who will be doing evangelistic outreach programs and gift distribution to the poor and widowed during this season. The Lord often uses the open doors that accompany the Christmas season to reach people with the love of Christ:
- PJF and Aruna in India
- Throngji and Ayungla in Nagaland; pray for the Pastors’ Conference Nov 26–29, 2015. Ossie Amato from Cross Road Bible Church in Perth will be teaching the pastors while Beth will be doing children’s ministry.
- Julio and Betty in Peru
- Pastor Faisal John in Pakistan
- The Vogan family in Ecuador
- Pastor Ken Mawire in Zimbabwe
- Pastor Malinga in Zambia
- In Myanmar, The Basics is being retranslated for better accuracy. Please pray for the translator and for the finances to reprint in both the Lisu and Burmese languages.
“Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him,
Because we trust in His holy name. Let Thy loving kindness, O LORD, be upon us,
According as we have hoped in Thee.” Psa 33:20-22
Singing and rejoicing with you!
Gene and Nan