- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2012
- Around the World in Prayer: September/October 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2014
- Around the World in Prayer: February-March 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: November/December 2015
- Around the World in Prayer: January/February 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: April/May 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: June 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2016
- Around the World in Prayer: December 2016
- Around the World in Pictures 2016 – update
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer Update Fall 2017
- Around the World in Prayer: Winter 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Spring 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: August/September 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: Fall 2018
- Around the World in Prayer and Thanksgiving! December 2018
- Around the World in Prayer: January / February 2019
Around the World in Prayer
“Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples.” Psalm 105:1
“Prayer should not be regarded as a duty which must be performed, but rather as a privilege to be enjoyed, a rare delight that is always revealing some new beauty.” E.M. Bounds
It has been some time since we’ve sent out an Around the World in Prayer, but we are encouraged to know you all engage in the “rare delight” of prayer due to your love for the Lord, His people, and His work. We encourage you now to join us in bringing the following needs before the Throne of God’s grace.
Cindy and Apollos will be travelling down to Peru for us in August to conduct training for pastors and Sunday school teachers.
- Travel dates down to Peru are August 18 with an August 31 return. There will also be some in-country travel by air and by road from one conference location to another. Please pray for safe travel as the roads are often treacherous and bumpy!
- Conference schedules:
- August 20 in Chulucanas
- August 21–23 in Tambogrande
- August 26–29 in Saramiriza
- Pray for Julio and Betty as they make arrangements for the conferences.
Pastor Faisal John is in country at this time. Please pray for his safety as well as effective ministry. Carrie will be joining him later this month and also needs our prayers.
We are hoping to join them in Pakistan for pastor and teacher training later in the year. We are preparing visa applications and ask you to pray for God’s will regarding the granting of the visas.
- Throngji recently had to travel to Chennai for a checkup on his brain tumor. Thank you for your prayers for him as he had a good report. The tumor is gone, but he still must return another time to have a plate put into his head to replace the skull bone they removed in surgery. Continue to pray for his health.
- Pray for the orphans at Bethel Children’s Home.
- Pray for the 2018–2019 intake of students at Kihoto Theological College. Pray for the teachers and Ahto, the headmaster. Pray for God’s provision to complete much needed dorms and classrooms at the school.
- PJF and his church have been distributing school supplies to community children. Please pray that God would use this as an outlet to share the Gospel with Hindu and Muslim families.
- Pray for the newlyweds, Joshua and Sweety that the Lord would guide them in the work He has for them, and bless their marriage union.
Papua New Guinea
- Jaki Parlier—please pray for comfort for Jaki and her family as they surely will miss the presence of Jim Parlier in their life.
- Numba Village—Pray for comfort for Jim’s many friends in Numba Village as they mourn the loss of this faithful missionary who brought them the Good News of Jesus Christ. No doubt the enemy will try to quickly move in to undermine the work Jim and Jaki have done there. Pray for God’s protection and that the Christians will stand firm in their faith.
- Roger Thiele—with Jim’s passing into eternity, Roger will take over the leadership of Ese Bible Institute. This is a big load to carry, so pray for Roger to have the wisdom and discernment to make this transition.
- Taylor Tioja—Taylor is heading up the work of finishing the Old Testament translation that Jim had been working on. Please pray for Taylor and his helpers as he strives to finish this important project.
- Logan Carnell is working to establish a training center in Zambia with Redemption Evangelistic Ministries. Please pray for this work.
- Continue to pray for Ken Mawire in Zimbabwe. Even in his old age, he and his family continue to work to spread the Gospel and sound teaching throughout Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
We have enjoyed being home for most of this summer but have some ministry coming up within the United States. As always, we appreciate your prayers to our faithful, heavenly Father for safe travel and effective ministry, as well as God’s help as we study and prepare for these opportunities.
- Marriage Retreat, August 17–18, Soldier, Kansas
- Still Waters Evangelical Church, August 19, Topeka, Kansas
- Iowa Conference, August 24–26, Prairie View Christian Church, Norway, Iowa
- Arizona Conference, September 7–9, Prescott, Arizona
Please pray for the board and helpers of Basic Training Bible Ministries as they so faithfully work behind the scenes to take on many tasks, freeing us up to concentrate on the ministry of God’s Word. We are so thankful for their service and would encourage you to remember them in your prayers:
- Ken and Sharon Curcio
- Monty and Cheryl Watkins
- Paul and Phyllis Stanton
- Ron and Gloria Bassett
- John and Claudia Dideum
May you be blessed by the joy and privilege of approaching God’s Throne, as you join us in going Around the World in Prayer! Thank you so much for your faithfulness!
Love in Christ,
Gene and Nan